Meeting Attorney Marty Maley
Baton Rouge, LA
Toll Free: 800-878-6781
- Avid Sportsman & Outdoor Enthusiast
- Follower of Christ
- Pro 2nd Amendment - Fight for Individual Gun Ownership
- Proud father of two sons
- Career Prosecutor since 1991
- Firmly believes in the Fair and Impartial "Administration of Justice"
Martin K. Maley, Sr. has been practicing law in Louisiana since 1991. He earned his Juris Doctorate in Law from Southern University Law Center in 1991, and began working as a Staff Attorney at the Louisiana District Attorneys Association after passing the Bar Exam. For almost 18 years, his duties as a staff attorney took on various roles, including the areas of: Drug Prosecution, Drug Asset Forfeiture, White Collar Crime, DWI Prosecution, Legislative Support Services, Training of Law Enforcement Officers, and General Counsel and Research Services to the various DA's and ADA's across our state. While serving at the LDAA he was also asked to train State, Parish, and local Law Enforcement Officers in a variety of legal prosecutorial and procedural principles and tactics. During his tenure at the LDAA, he also founded the law firm of "Maley, Comeaux & Falterman" in 2006, which had offices in Baton Rouge, Napoleonville, and Port Allen Louisiana. He currently operates the Maley Law Firm in the same locations. Over the years, hundreds of satisfied clients have been served through his practice.
• Marty holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Zoology and a Minor in Chemistry. He was pursuing a Master of Arts from Northwestern State University when he was accepted into Law School in 1988.
• He is currently an Assistant District Attorney in the 18th Judicial District, where he is employed by DA Ricky Ward.
• During his career as an ADA, he had the distinction of serving two consecutive terms as President of the ADA Board of Directors for the Louisiana District Attorney Association. This position is a statewide position and he was chosen to serve from a list of approximately 1200 prosecutors throughout our state. He continues today to serve on the ADA Board of Directors.
• He also serves the 18th Judicial District Attorney's Office as the Program Coordinator for the "Prosecutor's Early Intervention Program" in the Parishes of Pointe Coupee, West Baton Rouge and Iberville. This program focuses on truancy and a-risk children who are enrolled in public elementary schools in those parishes. This is a very effective and efficient program, which administratively addresses these issues. The program's goal is to increase attendance and the performance of each child, and to keep them and their families out of the juvenile court system.
• Marty was the Director/Coordinator of a non-profit financial entity serving the training needs of the Prosecutors throughout our State called "LDAA Training Foundation," which he also helped to establish.
• Marty has been a member of The Chapel on the Campus Church in Baton Rouge since arriving in Baton Rouge in 1988. He is most proud of his service on the Board of Deacons, where he has served multiple terms throughout the years.
• Marty is currently a Board member of the Quality Deer Management Association, South Louisiana Branch, and has been on this Board for several years, as well.
Call For A Case Review
Contact: Martin K. Maley
Toll Free Number: 800-878-6781
4707 Bluebonnet Blvd, Suite Suite B
Baton Rouge, LA 70809